Life Skill Education (Jivanopayogi Shikshan)
This is course started in the year 2008.
This course is ideal for children of 5th, 6th and 7th standard. This course is based on philosophy of ‘Learning while doing’ and therefore you do not need to worry about studying for exam, mugging the subjects and writing notes!
All emphasis is given on working in real life situations. The students get practical experience.
The course offers practical experience in the area of Engineering, Agriculture and Animal Husbandary, Energy and Environment, Home and Health.
This is one year residential course conducted by Loksadhana Public Charitable Trust, Chikhalgaon.
This is a multi-skill program in which training is given in the area of:
- Engineering– (Fabrication, Construction, Basic Carpentry, Plumbing, Engineering Drawing & Costing)
- Energy & Environment – (Electrical, Electronics, Environment)
- Home and Health (Cookery, Health Science and Tailoring & Knitting)
- Agriculture and Animal Husbandry (Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, nursery techniques)
- Multi-skill program.
- Practical based Syllabus “Learning While Doing” philosophy.
- Training is given in real life environment.
- Use of information technology (computers) as necessary.
- “Earn while you learn” philosophy.
HOD, Technical Wing
Mr. Kisan Pande is an ex-student of Loksadhana. Since 2005, he has been working as a Project Co-ordinator with the Department of Vishakarma Padmashree Annasaheb Behere Gramin Technology Centre. The Centre works for helping the students to understand the needs of the villagers and start occupation in the field of what interests them taking into consideration the market demand. Mr. Kisan has been a Master Trainer for IBT in various states.
What is taught in Life Skill Education?
Drip irrigation, Sprinkler, Vermi composting, Vemi wash, Humidity chamber, AQUA Portal, Nursery technique, Azolla culture, Weather SMS, Seedling Tray, Vaccination Poultry, Age estimation, Rice cultivation, Crop using (SRI) Mulching, Silage Feed concentrate for animals , Pest control , Soil testing
Solar drying, Food preservation,
Drying of vegetables Medicinal plant cultivation, Mosquito control (Gappi Fish breeding)
Making phenyl, Liquid soap, Water testing , Healthy diet, Soya milk, Blood testing